Nick Kyrgios is aiming to return to the ATP Tour at Indian Wells, Calif., in March after undergoing knee surgery last week, his manager told Australian media on Wednesday.
Kyrgios, a 27-year-old Australian, hasn't played competitively this season because of an injury to his left knee. He pulled out of the Australian Open because of the injury, a small tear and a cyst in the lateral meniscus.
"The surgery was a great success," his manager, Daniel Horsfall, told Australian media. "We couldn't have been more pleased with the outcome of it. Now we will be pushing ahead for a speedy recovery and are aiming to see everyone at Indian Wells."
The tournament will begin March 8.
Kyrgios, who has seven career singles titles, had been seeded 19th in the Australian Open.
"I'm devastated, obviously," he said when he announced his withdrawal from the Grand Slam event. "It's like my home tournament. ... All I can do now is just look forward, do what I need to do and come back."
--Field Level Media